Because of my devotion (AKA obsession) with all things beauty, it’s no surprise that I’ve gotten several requests about what I carry in my makeup bag. So never one to disappoint my fans, here is your exclusive peek at the ultimate items that I carry with me every day.
Between Ipsy bags, free gift with purchase bags and a couple of high end beauties, I have about 35+ makeup bags in my collection. I tend to use a medium sized bag because, if I use a larger one I’ll just fill it with unnecessary items that I don’t use on an everyday basis.
Currently in my Clinique makeup bag:
- Carmex lip balm. Chapped lips in any universe are never cool
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. An all-purpose, multiuse ointment that I use on my cuticles, crazed eyebrows, flyaway hair and dry skin.
- Sample size of fragrance. At the moment it’s CoCo Mademoiselle by Chanel. A lady always carries a classic fragrance in case garlic or a marathon run are involved on a date. Obviously a toothbrush/paste and Altoids are in a separate bag I carry with me.
- Cover Girl Clean Powder Foundation. In my Dark Side HOF I explained my love of this item. Broken bottles of foundation can ruin my bags and my day. This powder covers like a liquid but with the ease and convenience of a powder.
- Ipsy sized Bahama Mama Bronzer from The Balm. I use this as a bronzer, blush or eyeshadow. The size is a bit strange but it’s convenient and I like having a color product in my bag.
- Travel sized Moonstone Highlighter from Becca. It’s a beautiful shade on my fair skin that can also be used on my eyes and lips. Even a Darth wants to shine!
- Outlaw Liquid Lipstick from Kat Von D. I will always, always have a red lipstick in my bag. It’s the absolute easiest way to go from a day to night look in seconds.
- Champagne Lip gloss from Heroes Beauty. Another HOF product! By itself or layered over any color it’s absolutely perfect.
- Clinique or any travel sized free gift with purchase mascara that doesn’t smudge or give me pink eye.
- Eyeliner/eyebrow pencil from NYX. I adore combo products that actually do what they say and this one fits the bill. Not too creamy or waxy and it’s long-lasting.
- Bare Minerals Powder Brush. It’s the perfect size to apply bronzer, highlighter and powder foundation.
I also carry a smaller Ipsy bag with a toothbrush/paste, mints, bobby pins, ponytail holders, travel sized dry hair spray, hand sanitizer and Wet Ones. Not exactly exciting products but definitely needed for beauty upkeep or emergencies. And always keep a pair of tweezers on you! There is nothing worse than checking yourself in your rearview mirror and seeing a 2 inch long chin hair. UGH!!!
So that’s the Dark Side edition of “What’s in my makeup bag?” I’m going on vacation soon, let’s see how much I pack for a 4 day getaway!
I would love to hear what my Dark Side Devotees have in their portable beauty arsenals. Feel free to share in the comments below!